[R-sig-ME] question about predict using lme4

Li, Xiaoma [GE AT] xiaomali at iastate.edu
Thu May 5 15:46:41 CEST 2016

Hi all,
I want to use lme4 to predict air temperature using land surface temperature.
I now can ran the package successfully. But I am not familiar to the parameters of the predict function. Here is my code: plsttest=predict(mod.xm,lsttest2,allow.new.levels = T)
I have two questions: Is there some parameters missed?
How does lme4 predict new levels (new climate station in my study?) Does it use fixed model or others?

Thank you very much!

Sincerely
Xiaoma li