[R-sig-ME] Question on significancy of terms

Geoff Brookshire broog731 at newschool.edu
Thu Sep 13 05:24:23 CEST 2012

Hi there,

I asked a similar question about a year ago:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mixed-models/2011q3/006690.html

To test for the significance of a, you could either use pvals.mcmc (in
the languageR package) to get an MCMC p-value, or do Wald chi-square
tests of model fits without the interaction term like so:

m1 <- glmer(y ~ a + b + (1|ind), family=poisson)
m2 <- glmer(y ~ a + (1|ind), family=poisson)
anova(m1, m2)

(Make sure you use the pipe character | for random effects.)

cheers,
Geoff