[R-sig-ME] model definition issues for repeat measures

Caroline charris at ihi.or.tz
Wed Sep 12 15:16:01 CEST 2012

Dear R,

I am trying to analyse my count data using lmer, family=poisson, however
this model is unable to cope with my data as the count data for one of my
factor levels drops to zero for every data point. The model runs without any
error messages, however one interaction term has a huge Std error and is not
significant (corresponding to the data points which are all zero), when it
clearly should be significant from looking at the data graphically.

Please can you advise the best way forward to analyse the data. Please find
my data table and R script attached.

Kind regards,

Caroline

Caroline Harris, PhD

Vector Group

Ifakara Health Institute, Mlabani Passage, PO Box 53, Ifakara, Tanzania

Tel: +255 686136969 E-mail: charris at ihi.or.tz

Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Pembroke Place, Liverpool, L3 5QA, UK

http://www.lstmliverpool.ac.uk/research/academic-groups/staff-profiles/carol
ine-harris