[R-sig-ME] comparing 3 levels of fixed factor in lme4

Luca Borger lborger at cebc.cnrs.fr
Mon Jul 30 14:07:30 CEST 2012

Hello,

 >I have Pinhiero and Bates (2000), Mixed Effects Models in S and
S-Plus, but have not found specific mentioned of how the t value is
derived there yet.

Did you check ch. 2.4 "Hypothesis tests and confidence intervals"?

HTH

Cheers,
Luca

Luca Borger
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Centre d'Etudes Biologiques de Chizé
CNRS (UPR1934); INRA (USC1339)
79360 Villiers-en-Bois, France

Tel:    +33 (0)549 09 96 13
Fax:    +33 (0)549 09 65 26
email:  lborger at cebc.cnrs.fr
Skype:  luca.borger at skype.com
Web:    http://www.cebc.cnrs.fr/Fidentite/borger/borger.htm
         http://cnrs.academia.edu/LucaBorger
# Forthcoming book chapter
# Dispersal Ecology and Evolution (ch. 17)
# http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199608904.do
###
# New reprint! Animal Migration: A synthesis (ch. 8):
# http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199568994.do