[R-sig-ME] comparing 3 levels of fixed factor in lme4

Obermeier Andrew andrewobermeier at me.com
Mon Jul 30 13:51:26 CEST 2012

> Then your understanding is wrong, and you need to read a text on basic linear modelling theory. Nothing specifically mixed-model or even R relevant about that.
>
> Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
> Phone: (+45)38153501
> Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com

If you have a specific book to suggest I would appreciate it. I have Pinhiero and Bates (2000), Mixed Effects Models in S and S-Plus, but have not found specific mentioned of how the t value is derived there yet.

I admit my ignorance in this area, and apologize if my questions are dumb, but nevertheless would appreciate some civility.

Andrew Obermeier