[R-sig-Geo] Help to know Swedish projection (proj4string(myfile) <- CRS(""))

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Aug 26 14:47:23 CEST 2010

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010, gianni lavaredo wrote:

> Dear Resercher,
>
> i am working on data from Sweden in RT 90 system and SWEREF 99 (TM) system.
> I wish to use the proj4string but I can not find the right CRS. Thanks for
> helping me and suggestion website to have a list

Google "RT 90 system and SWEREF 99 (TM)" gives you:

http://www.lantmateriet.se/upload/filer/kartor/geodesi_gps_och_detaljmatning/Referenssystem/Oversikt_eng.pdf

See also:

http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/3006/

and search output for RT90 and SWEREF99. Grids & Datums (August 2004):

http://www.asprs.org/resources/GRIDS/

for suggestions for a +towgs84= parameter set to do datum transformation.

Almost always http://spatialreference.org and Grids & Datums (if available
for the country of interest) yield useful results.

Roger

PS. It is always useful to verify the correctness of CRS definitions by
transforming to geographical coordinates in WGS84 datum and overlaying a
display on a known map, shuch as Google Earth.