[R-pkg-devel] Resubmitting an archived package

Thu Jun 13 00:35:16 CEST 2024

    As far as I know these are all harmless.

   * the first NOTE is for CRAN consumption
   * the rest are false positives

<CRAN_peeving>

The spell-checking machinery used in package checking is
under-documented. There are some useful references here

https://github.com/r-lib/usethis/issues/1466
https://ropensci.org/blog/2022/01/21/ropensci-news-digest-january-2022/#to-quote-or-not-to-quote-non-existing-words-in-description
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-package-devel/2016q3/000943.html
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-package-devel/2017q3/001764.html

  I've been meaning to submit a patch to "Writing R Extensions" that
would describe this, but so far I haven't. However, I also think that
win-builder does *not* pay attention to the .aspell/ stuff documented
above ...

</CRAN_peeving>