[R-pkg-devel] Resubmitting an archived package

Lucas Godoy |uc@@d@c@godoy @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 12 20:12:49 CEST 2024

Hello everyone,

Recently, my R package {smile} was archived due to NOTES. At the time, I
was in the final stages of my PhD and unfortunately, I couldn't address the
issue in time to prevent the package from being archived.

Long story short, I fixed the issues, and now the `R CMD check --as-cran`
returns no notes (I'm on a Mac. However, when I submit the package to
"win-builder" to get it checked on Windows, I get the following NOTES:
"* checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE
Maintainer: 'Lucas da Cunha Godoy <lcgodoy using duck.com>'

New submission

Package was archived on CRAN

Possibly misspelled words in DESCRIPTION:
  ISSN (17:54)
  Moraga (13:60)
  al (14:9)
  et (13:67)

CRAN repository db overrides:
    in time."

The "misspelled" words are author names included in the DESCRIPTION file as
references. Also, there is a note that the package is being archived.
I used GitHub workflows to get the package checked on Linux as well (see
here
<https://github.com/lcgodoy/smile/actions/runs/9486462259/job/26140848384>),
and there I got a note about sub-directories with more than 1Mb. To this
point, I don't believe I can further shrink those directories.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix those issues to get the
package on CRAN?
My session info is below, just in case.

R version 4.3.2 (2023-10-31)
Platform: aarch64-apple-darwin20 (64-bit)
Running under: macOS Sonoma 14.5

Matrix products: default
BLAS:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.3-arm64/Resources/lib/libRblas.0.dylib

LAPACK:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.3-arm64/Resources/lib/libRlapack.dylib;
 LAPACK version 3.11.0

Thanks a lot,
Lucas.