[R-pkg-devel] CRAN submissions
||u|@@rev|||@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Jan 31 18:08:37 CET 2021
Some time ago, there was a question about "how long is the average
waiting time when submitting a new package ("newbies") until you get a
manual reply or it's on CRAN, submitting an update with all OK before
it hits CRAN".
I have analyzed the data provided by cransays (Many thanks!). You
can find it on this post https://llrs.dev/2021/01/cran-review/
Some key points:
- Most submission happens in the first days of the week and towards
the middle of the month
- Most of the submissions disappear from the CRAN queue in less than a day.
- There's a new package submission to CRAN every hour.
- It was impossible to know when there was a reply from CRAN, as no
information is openly available.
- Not possible to know when a package is all OK before it hits CRAN
as some packages remain in the queue even after acceptance (perhaps
with metacran this could be answered).
Hope it's a useful guide. Thanks to the CRAN reviewers for their task,
More information about the R-package-devel