[R-pkg-devel] Delays in CRAN Windows Binaries?

Henrik Bengtsson henr|k@bengt@@on @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Oct 21 21:47:28 CEST 2020

Related to this:

It would be neat to have a dashboard that reports on the current
latency is on the different CRAN "queues" are, e.g. how long is the
average waiting time when submitting a new package ("newbies") until
you get a manual reply or it's on CRAN, submitting an update with all
OK before it hits CRAN, waiting time for building Windows or macOS
binaries, etc.  Some, but not all, of this information can already be
guestimated from the info on ftp://cran.r-project.org/incoming/, on
easier on https://lockedata.github.io/cransays/articles/dashboard.html.
I think this could be a great contributor project - it doesn't have to
be hosted by CRAN.

/Henrik