[R-pkg-devel] How do I know if/when my package is fit for CRAN?

Rune Haubo rune@h@ubo @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Jun 7 13:49:06 CEST 2018

On 7 June 2018 at 13:00, Michael Dewey <lists using dewey.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

> One thing which occurs to me though is whether the maintaner of lmerTest
> would accept it into the package? If it has a different philosophy probably
> not but perhaps worth asking?

In the lmerTest-team we are always open to collaborations. A quick
look at buildmer indicates that it takes a different approach than
lmerTest and has a different scope (lmerTest is for LMMs but buildmer
seems to cover GLMs, GLMMs, and GAMMs as well) so perhaps buildmer is
most appropriately kept in a separate package.

@Cesko, you may have noticed that a new almost completely re-written
version of lmerTest (>= 3.0.0) has been out for a couple of months
now? It has a new improved version of step() which should be better
behaved when it comes to convergence failures. If you still encounter
problems please let us know by posting an issue at
https://github.com/runehaubo/lmerTestR. In any case you are always
welcome to reach out privately.

Cheers

Rune