[R-pkg-devel] memory exhausted (limit reached?) and R3.6.0 memory leak in data.table

Bailey, Paul pb@iley @ending from @ir@org
Mon May 14 23:51:28 CEST 2018

A package I'm submitting depends on data.table, which currently has a memory leak on Windows and so I'm getting rejected because of "memory exhausted (limit reached?)". I'm unsure how to proceed. It seems the issue is with R3.6.0 and data.table, so I don't think users would have an immediate issue if my package were updated. I could limit the tests that use data.table to keep under a memory size, but how much memory does CRAN allocate on Windows, and how do I enforce that?

You can see the memory leak issue on GitHub at https://github.com/Rdatatable/data.table/issues/2866

Best,
Paul