[R-pkg-devel] Unable to build pdf manuals

Uwe Ligges ligge@ @ending from @t@ti@tik@tu-dortmund@de
Mon May 14 20:31:36 CEST 2018

On 14.05.2018 09:16, Polychronis Kostoulas wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
> apologies if this is easy to solve but I am a rookie. I have developed an R
> package with three R functions. Everything works fine and the "check" is ok
> but I cannot find the pdf manual that is supposed to be generated from the
> Rd files. I am using Rstudio. What am I  missing?

On the command line, you can simply use R CMD Rd2pdf on the package
directory to build the pdf manual.

> And just to make sure: package dependencies need to be listed under
> "Depends" in the description file to be automatically installed or I need
> to list them somewhere else as well?

Better use namespace directives to import from them and list them under
Imports. But yes, that is sufficient.

Best,
Uwe Ligges