[R-pkg-devel] vignette via devtools: sometimes found, sometimes not (same package)

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Tue Apr 17 10:42:48 CEST 2018

Dear Alex,

Have a look at drat
(http://eddelbuettel.github.io/drat/DratForPackageAuthors.html). This
makes it easier to distribute prepackaged R packages (including When
you uploaded a new version, then the student would only have to do
drat::addRepo("your_repo") and then install.pakages("LM2GLMM") or
update.packages()

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Statisticus / Statistician

Vlaamse Overheid / Government of Flanders
INSTITUUT VOOR NATUUR- EN BOSONDERZOEK / RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR NATURE
AND FOREST
Team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg / Team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Havenlaan 88 bus 73, 1000 Brussel
www.inbo.be

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no
more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be
able to say what the experiment died of. ~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher
The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body
of data. ~ John Tukey