[R-pkg-devel] vignette via devtools: sometimes found, sometimes not (same package)

Alexandre Courtiol alexandre.courtiol at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 19:38:39 CEST 2018

Re,

On 16 April 2018 at 17:35, Georgi Boshnakov <
georgi.boshnakov at manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The problem is indeed difficult to debug but there are things that can be
> done to narrow it down.
>
> 1. Are there 1/3 unlucky computers fixed? (I.e does the problem occur
> always on the same computers) Also, do you really mean computer or user?

Yes, I mean computer, not user.

> 2. Are the students working under R studio? If so, does the same problem
> appear if the same procedure is run outside R studio.

I will try tomorrow (but from memory I think the answer will be yes).

> 3. Further to 2.,  You mention development mode - do (some) students also
> have a copy of your repository? This may be aproblem if they don't update
> it too.

No, only me has the devel version.

> 4. What happens if R is restarted?

I will try tomorrow (but I think the answer will be nothing).

> 5. It may be worth checking .Rprofle and similar for the concerned
> computers (or users, see 1.)

I will try as well but most had a fresh install and did not mess with
settings.

> Hope this is of some help.

I will look at all this and also gather the session infos as Ben suggested.
I think I know how to proceed to get to the bottom of that, but I was just
hoping that the problem was already well known and the answer as well...
If it is for anyone, please reply. Otherwise, I will investigate.
Thanks to everyone.
Alex