[Rd] MetaCran website v1.0.0-alpha

Gábor Csárdi csardi.gabor at gmail.com
Tue May 26 19:49:07 CEST 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 1:43 PM, Henrik Bengtsson <henrik.bengtsson at ucsf.edu
> wrote:
[...]

> If people send pull requests, maybe adding a generic open pull request
> to each repository with title "MIRROR ONLY: Do not send pull requests
> here" would help.  The fancy version would be to say "MIRROR ONLY: All
> patches/pull requests should be sent to <URL>", where <URL> is from
> the DESCRIPTION field 'URL'.  That might prevent a few more.

The problem with that

1) if I put in ~7000 fake pull requests, then it is messy for me to find
the "real" pull requests, put in by other people, and
2) I am pretty sure that many people do not look at previous pull requests,
when they put in theirs.

But it is so far not such a big deal, I only got ~50 of them during ~12
months. And in many cases, they are useful, because they can be moved
upstream. I will write a short tutorial about that.

Gabor