[BioC] Installing problems of Flow Cytometry on Ubuntu Karmic

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Mon Feb 8 01:27:55 CET 2010

Hi Philipp --

On 02/07/2010 02:19 PM, Philipp Meng wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> I experience installation problems of the Flow Cytometry Packages on
> Ubuntu Karmic 9.10.
> My R version is 2.9.2
>
> I can only install parts of the packages mentioned on the following
> page:
> http://bioconductor.org/docs/workflows/flowoverview/
>
> I always get errormessages like this one:
> ####begin error msg
>> biocLite("flowMerge")
> Using R version 2.9.2, biocinstall version 2.4.13.
> Installing Bioconductor version 2.4 packages:
> [1] "flowMerge"
> Please wait...
>
> Warnung in install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
> dependencies,  :
>   argument 'lib' is missing: using '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library'
> Warnmeldung:
> In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
>   package ‘flowMerge’ is not available
> ####end error msg

flowMerge wasn't introduced until Bioc 2.5 / R-2.10; you'll need to
update your R before being able to install flowMerge. To find out about
packages available for your release, visit http://bioconductor.org,
follow Software > Downloads and then Past BioC Releases on the left
navigation panel.

Martin