[BioC] How to obtain a CDF file

Mark Robinson mrobinson at wehi.EDU.AU
Fri Apr 24 11:17:06 CEST 2009

Hi Aguera.

I'm not sure an AffyBatch object is the desired route for Affy tiling
arrays.

One suggestion would be the combination of 'pdInfoBuilder' to build a
package and oligo::read.celfiles() to read in your data.  See
vignettes at:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/pdInfoBuilder.html

If you really really want a CDF file, you might check out:

http://groups.google.com/group/aroma-affymetrix/web/creating-cdf-files-from-bpmap-files-tiling-arrays

... but there are a few judgement calls (e.g. splitting into
"probesets" and so on) that I made there that may not be correct for
what you need.

Hope that helps.
Mark