[BioC] How to obtain a CDF file

Elsa Aguera aguera at sbc.su.se
Fri Apr 24 10:35:58 CEST 2009

Hi every body,
We have to analyse data from Affymetrix microarrays with bioconductor
and it's the first time we use bioconductor. We work with drosophila
melanogaster, the chip Type is Dm_tiling2_MR_v01. We have a lot of
.bpmap file (download in the site of Affymetrix) but no cdf file. We
can't work without cdf file, and we don't know how to get a cdf file.
When we try the function ReadAffy this message appear :

 > ReadAffy("gfpc4.CEL")
AffyBatch object
size of arrays=2560x2560 features (7 kb)
cdf=Dm_tiling2_MR_v01 (??? affyids)
number of samples=1
Error in getCdfInfo(object) :
  Could not obtain CDF environment, problems encountered:
Specified environment does not contain Dm_tiling2_MR_v01
Library - package dmtiling2mrv01cdf not installed
Data for package affy did not contain dmtiling2mrv01cdf
Bioconductor - dmtiling2mrv01cdf not available
In addition: Warning message:
missing cdf environment! in show(AffyBatch)

Actually my question is how we can do to get the cdf file call
dmtiling2mrv01.cdf  ?
Or can we make a .cdf file with a .bpmap file ?

Someone can explain and help us ?
thanks
Aguera