[BioC] seeking help to remove outliers in normalized data

Ashwin Kumar ashwin.havoc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 11:37:36 CEST 2009

Hello group,

We are working on microarray data analysis of 35 experiments with
limma. We have used normexp technique as background correction, loess
as within array nomalization and quantile as between array
normalization. After doing quantile normalization I found large number
of outliers (small circles)  with box plot analysis.I would like to
know whether the outliers are relevent in data analysis should they be
removed or can be ignored? Also if they are to be removed can any one
please let me know how to minimize these outliers?

Thankfully

 A.Ashwin
 Department Of Biotechnology
 Manipal Life Science Center