[BioC] GO summary of a list of genes?

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue Feb 19 15:40:57 CET 2008

Likely Bioconductor packages are GO.db and the organism-centric
packages like org.Hs.eg.db, which contain 'maps' between various gene
identifiers and GO terms. You might also find that GSEABase provides
useful functions for creating gene sets representing looser concepts
like 'related to breast cancer', perhaps using concepts defined in the
Broad institute data base of gene sets (see ?getBroadSets) or (with
the devel version of GSEABase) OBO-formated collections

You'd likely use R scripts and / or the Category, GOstats, PGSEA or
other packages to more formally assess whether there is meaningful
signal in the represented pathways.

Martin