[BioC] gcrma error? - linked to makeProbePackage ?

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Jul 5 16:59:36 CEST 2007

Hi Ben,

Benoit Ballester wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use gcrma for the mouse GNF/Novartis data.
> This dataset use a custom affy chip gnGNF1Musa. I got the CDF file and
> probe file from GEO.
>

>  > library("gngnf1musacdf")
>  > library("gngnf1musaprobe")
>  > eset.gcrma<-gcrma(Data)
> Adjusting for optical effect.......[more dots].....Done.
> Computing affinitiesError: length(prlen) == 1 is not TRUE

This indicates that you have probes of more than one length (e.g., they
are not all 25-mers). This might have to do with what you note below,
that there is an extra column in your probe_tab file. However, there is
error checking in makeProbePackage that is supposed to catch these sorts
of things, so I am wondering how you were ever able to make the package
in the first place.

What do you get from

head(as.data.frame(gngnf1musaprobe))

Does the probe sequence column actually contain probe sequences? If not,
you will need to remove the extra column from your probe_tab file and
re-run makeProbePackage.

Best,

Jim

--