[BioC] AnnBuilder problem

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Fri Aug 17 17:45:56 CEST 2007

Yihuan Xu wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I used AnnBuilder to annotate a customized mouse arrays. A folder
> 'costommice' is generated. However I don't know how to use it. How can I
> install it in R? Can I use it as KEGG package?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Yihuan
>
> Here is the code I used:
>
> library(AnnBuilder)
> myBase <- "C:\\TJU\\Siracusa\\GSEA\\annotation"
> myBaseType <-'gb'
> mySrcUrls <- getSrcUrl("all", "Mus musculus")
> myDir <- "C:\\TJU\\Siracusa\\annbuilder"
> ABPkgBuilder(baseName = myBase, srcUrls = mySrcUrls, baseMapType =
> myBaseType,  pkgName = "custommice",
> pkgPath = myDir, organism = "Mus musculus", version = "1.1.0",
> author = list(authors = "Yihuan Xu", maintainer =
> "yihuan.xu at jefferson.edu"), fromWeb = TRUE)

If you have access to a unix machine you want to go to the dir where
your newly minted customice dir is at and type something like this:

R CMD INSTALL custommice

Then launch R and say:

library("custommice")

However it looks like you are using windows, so you might want to go
check out the much more complex instructions at the following site:

http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/

I hope this helps,

    Marc