[BioC] Imaging of Protein Array

Jordi Altirriba Gutiérrez altirriba at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 27 16:31:52 CEST 2006

Dear Uchida,
I tried to analyze a similar protein array.
You can have a look to:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2006-June/013311.html

What I did was to invert the black and the white image, so that the spots
appear in white and the background in black and I analyzed the images as if
they were a Cy3 image with the commercial program GenePix.
There are another programs to obtain the signal intensity and the background
(GridGrinder {free} [http://gridgrinder.sourceforge.net/], SpotFinder
{free}[http://www.tm4.org/spotfinder.html], Spot {free 1
month}[http://spot.cmis.csiro.au/spot/index.php],
).

About Spot, which has been recommended, I didn’t find how to manage with
“one channel” arrays, as the protein arrays (perhaps I am wrong).

There is also an R package (apart from Spot), which is Spotsegmentation,
although I don’t know how to manage it, and there was some mails asking
about it without any answer.

I recommend you that you have a look to:
http://ihome.cuhk.edu.hk/~b400559/arraysoft_image.html
Although it’s a little bit out of date (2004), it’s quite useful.

HTH,

Jordi Altirriba
PhD student
Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain