[BioC] Affymetrix exon arrays?

Jesse Salisbury ltboots at geneserver.mine.nu
Wed Jul 26 21:41:11 CEST 2006

Hi All;
I have been working on the same problem, and have finally found a computer
large enough to run it. Its a beowulf node at Jackson Labs with 16GB of
memory. As it turns out, you need somwhere betwen 12.5 and 14GB for the R
makecdfenv() package to process the MoEx-1_0-st-v1.cdf into a useable R
environment. The process takes about 5hrs to complete on an
Opteron processor.

I would like to make the files available, but I'm not sure how to post
environments on bioconductor yet.
If you would like it before then, drop me a line and I'll send you a
link to a ftp site.

Also,there are other MoEx-1_0-st-v1 environments already available
on the bioconductor website with alternative mappings.
They can be used with the cdfname="env_name" flag with affybatch commands.

Jesse