[BioC] tissue contamination problem in microarray

lgautier at altern.org lgautier at altern.org
Tue May 4 02:37:47 CEST 2004

> I would like to know if there are techniques to minimize the perturbation
> caused by tissue contamination, for example, normal lung tissue
> contamination on a breast metastasis. What is the best strategy to deal
> with this problem?

I suppose that experimentalists did their best when performing
the biopsy, and that you have to deal with the mix of tissues
the best you can.

I remember seeing a talk at ISMB addressing the issue:
http://bioinformatics.oupjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/17/suppl_1/S279
(although I did not have the opportunity to dig the method or use it)

Hopin' it helps,

L.