[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor 3.3 release schedule has been updated to reflect R release delay

Steffen Neumann sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Tue Apr 5 08:12:07 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Mo, 2016-04-04 at 12:00 -0700, Dan Tenenbaum wrote:

> Accordingly, Bioconductor has updated its release schedule:
> https://bioconductor.org/developers/release-schedule/
Thanks for the notification.

> [...]
> The reason for the delay in R's release schedule is the new Windows
> toolchain and the need to make sure all packages install, build, and
> check against this toolchain (as has been discussed on bioc-devel
I have to say that I always have been perplexed by late changes
in the BioC toolchain. In most big projects I know,
the toolchain is the first thing that will get selected/frozen,
so that the remaining development cycle can depend on it.

Yours,
Steffen

--
IPB Halle                    AG Massenspektrometrie & Bioinformatik
Dr. Steffen Neumann          http://www.IPB-Halle.DE