[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor 3.3 release schedule has been updated to reflect R release delay

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fredhutch.org
Tue Apr 5 08:22:54 CEST 2016

----- Original Message -----

To clarify, this toolchain is being adopted by R and CRAN. Bioconductor needs to support it since our next release will use R-3.3.0 which is going to use this toolchain. The scheduling was not our decision or choice.

Once before this toolchain was being considered (I think it was in 2013) and then R or CRAN decided it wasn't ready for prime time.
Again, we followed their lead because we have to use the same toolchain. (There is no such thing as a "BioC toolchain".)
As far as I know, 2013 and now are the only times the toolchain has changed in such a major way that introduced backward incompatibility (at least since I started in 2010).

Dan