[Bioc-devel] Idea for improved visibility of Bioconductor packages

Andrzej Oleś andrzej.oles at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 13:44:19 CET 2015

Hi Dan,

many thanks for introducing the Open Graph Protocol on package landing
pages! It's nice to see how package presentation is constantly improving.

I've noticed is that the Bioconductor logo gets typically resized and
cropped to a rectangular aspect ratio of 1.66 (LinkedIn) or 1.91
(Facebook). The result is a bit disappointing, as the resulting central
cutout is unreadable.

Maybe we could provide an optimized image, both in terms of dimensions and
file size? One possibility would be to use a rectangular logo similar to
the one on twitter, see
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1993565463/note.jpg

There are some detailed Facebook-specific recommendations available at
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/best-practices#images

Cheers,
Andrzej