[Bioc-devel] Idea for improved visibility of Bioconductor packages

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fredhutch.org
Tue Nov 3 02:05:52 CET 2015

----- Original Message -----

I've tweaked the package landing pages so their HTML contains (for example, for the EBImage package):

This should cause sites that implement the Open Graph Protocol (like LinkedIn and Facebook) to extract these elements from the page.

Adding a custom image for each package will need to wait for another iteration. We need to decide on some standard for declaring these images, either a field/url in the DESCRIPTION file, and/or a standard location within the package.

Dan