[Bioc-devel] package ‘FEM’ is not available (for R version 3.0.2)

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Fri Oct 10 08:16:46 CEST 2014

Hi Yinming,

First - Like any package that gets added to Bioconductor, FEM
is first added to the *devel* version of BioC, which happens to
be BioC 3.0. To install and use packages from BioC 3.0, you need
to run R 3.1.*. That's because BioC 3.0 (including the FEM
package) was designed and tested to be used with R 3.1.*.

Second - BioC 3.0 is still the *devel* version of Bioconductor
(until next Tuesday, then it will be released and become the
*release* version of Bioconductor). For this reason you need to
call useDevel() before you try to install packages with biocLite().
That's a one time switch i.e. you don't need to do it again every
time you use biocLite().

Note that if you wait until BioC 3.0 is released, you won't
need to do the useDevel() step at all.

Hope this helps,
H.

On 10/09/2014 07:46 PM, Yinming Jiao wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> I have a package, FEM, which is published few days ago.
>

> The link is :http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/devel/bioc/html/FEM.html
>

> But when I try to install it,
>

>       source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
>       biocLite("FEM")
>

> R reports: package ��FEM�� is not available (for R version 3.0.2).
>

> So How  can I resolve this problem.
>

> I also noted that "Bioconductor version: Development (3.0)"
>

> What does this mean?
>

> Thanks very much.
>

> Yinming Jiao
>

> --
>
> CAS-MPG Partner Institute for Computational Biology
> 320 Yue Yang Road
> Shanghai 200031
> China
> Email: 20907099 at zju.edu.cn or jiaoyinming at picb.ac.cn