[Bioc-devel] package ‘FEM’ is not available (for R version 3.0.2)

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Fri Oct 10 06:55:11 CEST 2014

----- Original Message -----

Bioconductor is versioned and Bioconductor versions are meant to work with specific versions of R.

Bioconductor 3.0 which will be released next week, and which will contain your package, only works with R-3.1.x.

Currently both Bioconductor 2.14 (the current release version) and Bioconductor 3.0 (the devel version, soon to be release) work with this version of R. So if you want to install FEM, you need to install R-3.1.1.

If you want to install FEM before the release you need to do the following:

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
useDevel()
biocLite("FEM")

If you wait till after the release, you won't need to do the second line.

BTW, as a package developer, it's a good idea to develop your package using the same (devel) version of Bioconductor that your package will be added to (and of course the appropriate version of R). R may change, and other packages that you depend on may change, and you want to make sure your package will work as expected for end users.

Dan