AW: fUnitRoots failing with urca import due to BIC

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jun 8 02:24:02 CEST 2011

Hi Martin,

On 7 June 2011 at 17:54, Martin Maechler wrote:
| Note that  fUnitRoots  does not once use  BIC in its code,
| i.e. the error really happens when  require("urca") is used
| somewhere.
|
| Also, the error message below indicates a problem with urca
| (only)?
|
| Interestingly, when I tried things, I got the same error as the
| Debian testing machine.
|
| But then I re-installed  urca  and all was fine.
|
| So, I hope that this (first re-install urca, then check and
| install fUnitRoots) should also work on the debian test
| machine(s) ?

Yes, might be a spillover from a change in nlme which gets to urca.  So I
just re-uploaded urca as r-cran-urca_1.2-5-2, and will trigger a rebuild of
fUnitRoot depending on this version.

That, as you indicate and as confirmed by some casual tests, should do it.

Hence sorry for what turns out to be a false alarm.

Dirk

--
Gauss once played himself in a zero-sum game and won $50.
                      -- #11 at http://www.gaussfacts.com