AW: fUnitRoots failing with urca import due to BIC

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Jun 7 17:54:54 CEST 2011

    > Hi Bernhard,

    > Thanks for the note.

    > On 30 May 2011 at 08:25, Pfaff, Bernhard Dr. wrote: |
    > Hello Dirk,
    > |
    > | a couple of weeks ago BDR reminded package maintainers
    > of a change with respect to BIC. He suggested for 'urca'
    > the NAMESPEACE insertion you provided below. The latest
    > CRAN Package Check does not indicate an error for
    > 'urca'. If I recall correctly, the package fUnitRoots was
    > mentioned in that email of BDR, too. Maybe the required
    > changes have not implemented in there?

    > Seems like it, and the R-Metrics team appears to be too
    > busy before the upcoming retreat.

    > Would you have a suggestion as to how to fix this on the
    > side of fUnitRoots so that it builds again?  Else I may
    > have to withdraw the package.

which one? (:-)

Note that  fUnitRoots  does not once use  BIC in its code,
i.e. the error really happens when  require("urca") is used
somewhere.

Also, the error message below indicates a problem with urca
(only)?

Interestingly, when I tried things, I got the same error as the
Debian testing machine.

But then I re-installed  urca  and all was fine.

So, I hope that this (first re-install urca, then check and
install fUnitRoots) should also work on the debian test
machine(s) ?

Martin