[OGRUG] seek advice/collaboration on how to promote R in our city

Chunyun Ma chunyun_m@ @ending from c@rleton@c@
Sat Oct 6 22:25:53 CEST 2018

Hi John and Joseph,

Thank you for the quick response!  I'd be happy to help organize the meetup
and/or discuss the transition.

Best wishes,  Chunyun

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 4:02 PM Chunyun Ma <chunyun_ma using carleton.ca> wrote:

> Hi dear fellow R users!
>
> My name is Chunyun and I have been using R for the past three years, most
> recently completed my PhD thesis using R. Long story short, I am writing to
> you today to seek advice/collaboration on how to promote R in our city. I
> recently designed and delivered a series of workshops on introduction to R.
> My audience consisted of a professor from Carleton University and her lab
> members. The experience really inspired me to consider repeating it again,
> perhaps even on a larger scale. I looked up examples from other communities
> and found a couple prominent ones such as the coding club
> <https://ourcodingclub.github.io/> at University of Edinburgh and data
> carpentry <https://datacarpentry.org/>.
>
> If you are also excited by this short introduction and would like to chat
> more, let's meet in person! I am currently working as a postdoc at Carleton
> University and can meet you in the evenings on weekdays or during weekends.
>
> Best wishes,  Chunyun

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]