[OGRUG] seek advice/collaboration on how to promote R in our city

Chunyun Ma chunyun_m@ @ending from c@rleton@c@
Fri Oct 5 22:02:58 CEST 2018

Hi dear fellow R users!

My name is Chunyun and I have been using R for the past three years, most
recently completed my PhD thesis using R. Long story short, I am writing to
you today to seek advice/collaboration on how to promote R in our city. I
recently designed and delivered a series of workshops on introduction to R.
My audience consisted of a professor from Carleton University and her lab
members. The experience really inspired me to consider repeating it again,
perhaps even on a larger scale. I looked up examples from other communities
and found a couple prominent ones such as the coding club
<https://ourcodingclub.github.io/> at University of Edinburgh and data
carpentry <https://datacarpentry.org/>.

If you are also excited by this short introduction and would like to chat
more, let's meet in person! I am currently working as a postdoc at Carleton
University and can meet you in the evenings on weekdays or during weekends.

Best wishes,  Chunyun

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]