[R-wiki] Can't understand how to insert wiki pages and make (oldstyle) alltips work

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 19:58:22 CEST 2006

I put in my first wiki page and found it difficult. I guessed on how
to create a page and that worked.  I navigated to the graphics section
and want to insert a tip at the beginning of the basic graphics
section.  So I put a number 0 on the start of the tip name.

http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=tips:graphics-base:0savegraphs

I can'd understand how I put a title on that item and how it is
supposed to be integrated into the left-side menus and also how to
make it show up in the output of the alltips sorts of script.

A command of this type:
rawimport <- readLines("http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=tips:tips&rev=1150068302&do=export_raw")

does not harvest all the current topics, but rather displays a static
list from a while ago.

Any help?

I got really stumped for a while because my browser had javascript
turned off and one cannot even browse the wiki without it.

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science