[R-wiki] Comments, discussion and trackbacks

John Marsland john.marsland at mac.com
Thu Jan 19 11:51:28 CET 2006

A number of people have mentioned desiring the ability to comment on a
particular page.

I spotted a rather nice plugin for DokuWiki called Discussion which
allows this. It also allows discussion to be disabled on certain
pages. This seems to be evolving into a more general Blog plugin:
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:discussion?s=comments

I haven't found anything to monitor Trackbacks - or references,
typically in people's own blogs, to a wikki page - which are an
alternative/complementary mechanism for discussions.

But I find the Google Blogger Web Comments for Firefox extension
http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/webcomments/index.html works very
well.