[R-wiki] graphics gallery in wiki?

Romain Francois francoisromain at free.fr
Mon Feb 13 16:17:47 CET 2006

Le 13.02.2006 13:48, Philippe Grosjean a écrit :
> Romain Francois wrote:
>> Le 13.02.2006 12:48, Philippe Grosjean a écrit :
>>
>>> Romain Francois wrote:
>> [...]
>>>

>>> Yes... just that it requires to hack the DokuWiki engine. François,
>>> would you design such an image suitable for the R Wiki?
>>

>> Maybe ... if you start calling me *Romain* ;-)
>> I'll try to do that this week, but have no idea whatsoever about what
>> images to include in. (For the gallery, that was quite simple, i took
>> images from the gallery).
>> If anyone has ideas ...

> Something representative of R would certainly include something like:
> - A Gauss curve (because it is statitics all about),
> - Some code with R-specific keywords, like 'data.frame' (because R is
> a programming environment),
> - Some data (a part of a typical case-by-variable table),...
> Just ideas.
> Best,
>
> Philippe
Hi again,

Here is a first draft : http://addictedtor.free.fr/misc/wiki.png
I would like to put some code on the left, but i'm not inspired which
code, something simple, involving iris maybe, i don't know.
Maybe something with a puzzle or a planet, or both (echoing the symbol
of wikipedia) ...

Any ideas

Romain.

--
I started that hacking demo(bivar) from rgl  :

 require(MASS);

  # parameters:
  n<-50; ngrid<-40

  # generate samples:
  set.seed(31415)
  x<-rnorm(n); y<-rnorm(n)

  # estimate non-parameteric density surface via kernel smoothing
  denobj<-kde2d(x, y, n=ngrid)
  den.z <-denobj$z

  # generate parametric density surface of a bivariate normal distribution
  xgrid <- denobj$x
  ygrid <- denobj$y
  bi.z <- dnorm(xgrid)%*%t(dnorm(ygrid))

  # visualize:
  zscale<-20

  # clear scene:
  clear3d()
  clear3d(type="bbox")
  clear3d(type="lights")

  # setup env:
  bg3d(color="white")
  light3d()

  # Draws parametric density
  surface3d(xgrid,ygrid,bi.z*zscale,color="yellow",front="lines",
back="cull")

 # the file is from here : http://developer.r-project.org/Logo/
 rgl.bg(sphere=TRUE, texture="/home/romain/Rlogo-4.png", back="filled" )

--
visit the R Graph Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques
mixmod 1.7 is released : http://www-math.univ-fcomte.fr/mixmod/index.php