[R-wiki] graphics gallery in wiki?

Philippe Grosjean phgrosjean at sciviews.org
Mon Feb 13 13:48:38 CET 2006

Romain Francois wrote:
> Le 13.02.2006 12:48, Philippe Grosjean a écrit :
>
>> Romain Francois wrote:
> [...]
>>> This is an idea.
>>> What about, as a replacement to the text 'R Wiki' on top right of the
>>> wiki, some picture, inspired from the R logo. RGG has :
>>> http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/images/superHeader_1.png
>>> http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/images/midHeader_1.png
>>

>> Yes... just that it requires to hack the DokuWiki engine. François,
>> would you design such an image suitable for the R Wiki?
>

> Maybe ... if you start calling me *Romain* ;-)
> I'll try to do that this week, but have no idea whatsoever about what
> images to include in. (For the gallery, that was quite simple, i took
> images from the gallery).
> If anyone has ideas ...

>>> Romain

Something representative of R would certainly include something like:
- A Gauss curve (because it is statitics all about),
- Some code with R-specific keywords, like 'data.frame' (because R is a
programming environment),
- Some data (a part of a typical case-by-variable table),...
Just ideas.
Best,

Philippe