[R-wiki] graphics gallery in wiki?

Romain Francois francoisromain at free.fr
Mon Feb 13 13:13:09 CET 2006

Le 13.02.2006 12:48, Philippe Grosjean a écrit :
> Romain Francois wrote:

>>> Well, I am definitely in favor of the inclusion of *static* web
>>> pages into the Wiki. However, the graph gallery is very dynamic. So,
>>> it would certainly be difficult to include it without loosing nice
>>> features developed by Français Romain.
>>
>> RGG needs php, javascript and mysql to run. I would like to keep the
>> dynamic of the website.
>> But I agree that more (wiki-like) interactivity could be a good idea.
>>
>>> The best approach would be to link the two sites as much as possible
>>
>> * When the R help files will be wikified, i'll link from source code
>> of the graphics to the wiki. Currently, i link to some outdated help
>> files.
>> * There is also the 'See also' part under each graph that currently
>> points to .. nothing. Maybe I can allow users to make links between
>> some graphs and some wiki contribution, for example the graph 2 by
>> Eric Lecoutre could link to a wiki page about PCA
>>
>>> , and perhaps to look at a common presentation (i.e., common
>>> cascaded style sheets).
>>
>> This is an idea.
>> What about, as a replacement to the text 'R Wiki' on top right of the
>> wiki, some picture, inspired from the R logo. RGG has :
>> http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/images/superHeader_1.png
>> http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/images/midHeader_1.png
>
> Yes... just that it requires to hack the DokuWiki engine. François,
> would you design such an image suitable for the R Wiki?

Maybe ... if you start calling me *Romain* ;-)
I'll try to do that this week, but have no idea whatsoever about what
images to include in. (For the gallery, that was quite simple, i took
images from the gallery).
If anyone has ideas ...

--
visit the R Graph Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques