[R-wiki] graphics gallery in wiki?

Philippe Grosjean phgrosjean at sciviews.org
Mon Feb 13 19:00:35 CET 2006

Romain Francois wrote:
> Le 13.02.2006 13:48, Philippe Grosjean a écrit :
>
>> Romain Francois wrote:
> [...]
> Hi again,
>
> Here is a first draft : http://addictedtor.free.fr/misc/wiki.png
> I would like to put some code on the left, but i'm not inspired which
> code, something simple, involving iris maybe, i don't know.
> Maybe something with a puzzle or a planet, or both (echoing the symbol
> of wikipedia) ...
>
> Any ideas
> [...]
> Romain.

I have now put this image in the banner... really nice. However, I had
to increase the banner from 35px to 55px (the minimum to have a complete
R logo). The image provided is 75px height. So, I can crop it...
However, I guess that Romain would like to refine it a little bit.

So, Romain, could you make it 55px height by cropping 10px on top and on
the bottom. then, I think that some R code in diagonal and that
disappears progressively beneath the yellow surface would be a good
addition, ... perhaps in the same orange color than the page link (when
you hover with the mouse on it.

Regarding the code to use, no mather what it is, but it is important to
have recognizable keywords of the S language in it... I suggested
'data.frame', for instance.

For the puzzle or the Wikipedia-like planet, I think it would be a
little too much... but, why not to try an alternative like that?

Best,

Philippe