[R-wiki] Top level organization

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 01:15:46 CET 2006

On 2/3/06, Ben Bolker <bolker at zoo.ufl.edu> wrote:
> Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> > This is looking very good.
>
>   definitely agree.  I think we may eventually want
> to tweak the categories in Tips&tricks, but we're getting
> to the point now where we'll need to let some material
> accumulate before we can really decide on the best
> arrangement.
>
> A few comments:
> >
> > - what is the difference among Manuals, Cookbooks and Tips and Tricks.
> > Its not clear to me.
>
>    Manuals and "cookbooks" are longer and by a single or a few authors;
> tips and tricks are shorter and more collaborative (I've tried to
> clarify a little bit by adding a few short descriptions to
> "start2").  That said, I think the subdivision within "Guides"

This is still not clear..  There are THREE categories currently,
not two.  The three possible categories I can see are:

- official R manuals.  The official manuals that come with R wifieid.
- other R documents.  Contributions from users.
- snippets.  Paul Johnson's collection, etc.

Is that the distinction?  Should it be?