[R-wiki] personnal pages on wiki

Philippe Grosjean phgrosjean at sciviews.org
Tue Apr 18 08:05:51 CEST 2006

Gregor Gorjanc wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>Gabor Grothendieck
>>The only problem I see is that "your" page could be edited by other
>>people and you might not want that if its "your" page.
>>
>>On 4/15/06, Romain Francois <francoisromain at free.fr> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>What is the general feeling about adding a personnal page inside the
>>>wiki. I'll like to create a page, maybe under misc:people, where i
>>>could write the pages i like in the wiki, my (short) todo list, etc
>>>
>>>I prefer to ask here first. Maybe it is better to create that kind of
>>> pages somewhere else.
>

> I was thinkig about this also. I often create simple HOWTO's, and random
> code snipets that do not fit anywhere. They are only on my disk and I
> belive would serve better if I would share them to others. So I would
> vote for existence of personal pages. Can I create one? I also agree
> with Gabor. Is there any mechanism to lock page or at least some parts
> that you "insist" to stay under your control.

The best way is to get your things organized and fit in one section of
tips... otherwise, how will people use your 'unorganized' code snippets?

Otherwise, feel free to add your user page. Please, do it by creating a
page with your exact pseudo (as you registered in the Wiki), and uder a
new 'users' section. To do so, just type 'users:mypseudo' in the search
box, click 'search', and then 'create this page' in the result page.
best,

Philippe Grosjean