[R-wiki] personnal pages on wiki

Romain Francois francoisromain at free.fr
Mon Apr 17 23:34:10 CEST 2006

Le 17.04.2006 23:13, Gregor Gorjanc a écrit :
> Hi,
>

>> Gabor Grothendieck
>> The only problem I see is that "your" page could be edited by other
>> people and you might not want that if its "your" page.
>>
>> On 4/15/06, Romain Francois <francoisromain at free.fr> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> What is the general feeling about adding a personnal page inside the
>>> wiki. I'll like to create a page, maybe under misc:people, where i
>>> could write the pages i like in the wiki, my (short) todo list, etc
>>>
>>> I prefer to ask here first. Maybe it is better to create that kind of
>>>  pages somewhere else.
>>>

> I was thinkig about this also. I often create simple HOWTO's, and random
> code snipets that do not fit anywhere. They are only on my disk and I
> belive would serve better if I would share them to others. So I would
> vote for existence of personal pages. Can I create one? I also agree
> with Gabor. Is there any mechanism to lock page or at least some parts
> that you "insist" to stay under your control.

Hi,

If you want to put something on the wiki that can't be modified by
others, then don't put it in the wiki. Write the part that can be
modified in the wiki, the other part elsewhere and link the two parts.

What i asked is not really a space that is 100% mine (i have that
elsewhere, and it is not wiki-like), but a space to put my wiki todo
list. I don't really think people would like to change its content anyway.

--
visit the R Graph Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques
mixmod 1.7 is released : http://www-math.univ-fcomte.fr/mixmod/index.php