[RsR] Maximum number of variables with lmRob? Error: singular matrix encountered

Thu Aug 30 12:53:23 CEST 2012

    KV> Sorry I accidentally send a draft message to the list
    KV> (maybe the heatwave).

    KV> Below the correct version

    KV> Dear Manuel,

    KV> This all sounds very exiting, would you by any chance
    KV> have a link to a white paper/technical report where
    KV> these innovations are documented in greater details
    KV> than in the help files associated with lmRob?

I think you have understood that Manuel advocates using lmrob(),
[not lmRob() !!]

So please do look at  ?lmrob
It has several references, most notably to

  Koller, M. and Stahel, W.A. (2011), Sharpening Wald-type inference
  in robust regression for small samples, _Computational Statistics
  & Data Analysis_ *55*(8), 2504-2515.

For newer results, manual will provide newer links.

Unfortunately, stupid editorial processes lead to papers not
being published just because they want to publicize a simple
good idea for a new algorithm that has not been found by anyone
in 20-30 years history, but the editor/referees still claim the
idea to be too simple to be worth publishing .....

Martin