[R-sig-ME] Request for advice: Multivariate Wilcoxon Test

Gerrit Eichner gerr|t@e|chner @end|ng |rom m@th@un|-g|e@@en@de
Wed Aug 30 09:46:26 CEST 2023

Hello, Faith,

this is a rather not R-related, but statistical question for which you
should probably seek (professional?) advice. Nevertheless, as unspecific
as you formulated it, you may want to look at Friedman's test which
allows to use a (second) blocking variable, or at a regression approach.
If you are really kean on a nonparametric _multivariate_ method the
references below *may* be helpful. The first is really mathematical, the
second more applied.

  Hth  --  Gerrit

@misc{puri1971nonparametric,
address = {New York {[u.a.]},

author = {Puri, Madan Lal},

isbn = {0471702404},

series = {Wiley series in probability and mathematical statistics},

title = {Nonparametric methods in multivariate analysis},

year = 1971

}

@misc{pesarin2010permutation,
address = {Chichester},

author = {Pesarin, Fortunato},

isbn = {0470516410},

series = {Wiley series in probability and statistics},

title = {Permutation tests for complex data : theory, applications and
software},

year = 2010

}