[R-sig-ME] Where to start: running multinomial analyses with LME4

Francesco Romano |brom@no77 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Mar 18 15:44:00 CET 2023

Dear all,

I am now for the first time needing to run ME analyses with
likert-scale-type data obtained from acceptability judgments in a
linguistic experiment. The responses range between 1 and 5, are ordered,
and will involve continuous predictors as well as dichotomous factors.
Gelman and Hill 2007's section on ordered logistic regression (p.119-124)
does not involve MEs nor are there any worked examples with R coding as far
as I can see in the book.

Thus, I would be very grateful to anyone who could point me to some
literature with worked examples involving coding for ordered logistic
regression, preferably in linguistics. Obviously, if anyone has alternative
ways of approaching this type of data, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Francesco Romano PhD