[R-sig-ME] random effect variance greater than output variable variance

J.D. Haltigan jh@|t|g@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Nov 12 07:53:57 CET 2022

This is the between/within variance issue in multilevel modeling. Take a
look at:

Hamaker EL, Muthén B. The fixed versus random effects debate and how it
relates to centering in multilevel modeling. *Psychological Methods* 2020;
*25*:365.

Bell A, Fairbrother M, Jones K. Fixed and random effects models: making an
informed choice. *Quality & Quantity* 2019;*53*:1051–74.