[R-sig-ME] lme4, question

Zohre Mozduri mozdur| @end|ng |rom u@|bert@@c@
Tue Nov 8 20:19:27 CET 2022

 Hi
I read manual of lme4 package and I have some question
I have first hand raw data about meat quality in pig (phenotypes or traits,
fixed effect and random effects). before moving to the correlation analysis
between traits, I need to the basic quality check. I want know my fixed and
random effects have significant effect on my traits or not, If they have I
will keep them or not I will remove them.
my question is how can and with which code in manual of lme4 I can do thah?

how can I use lme4 for test of significancy of fixed and random effect on
my traits? which page of manual writes these codes?
after that with which codes I can adjust my phenotype based on significance
of fixed and random effect?

Best Regards